[MidoNet-dev] InterfaceManagement, HostCommands, etc

Pino de Candia gdecandia at midokura.com
Tue Feb 5 15:47:27 UTC 2013

Hi Ryu, Tomoe, devs,

are we using the Host Commands feature of MidoNet? These are included in the REST API documentation, but I don't actually know whether anyone is using them, or if they were properly productized.

https://github.com/midokura/midonet/blob/master/docs/rest-api-specification.md#hostcommand

Does anyone remember? I vaguely remember we were intending to use these to automate plugging taps into datapath when we were still using OVS daemon/DB. Has the HostInterfacePort binding made the Host Command useless (a feature looking for a use-case?).

thanks,
Pino

--
Pino de Candia