[MidoNet-dev] InterfaceManagement, HostCommands, etc

Pino de Candia gdecandia at midokura.com
Tue Feb 5 16:01:22 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Ishimoto, Ryu wrote:

> Hi Pino,
>
> We don't use HostCommands in integration.  There's not much use for it at the moment, but maybe there are some good use cases... How about creating a tap device?  Taps are created in the integration code but it could be useful if we can do it through the HostCommands as well.
That use-case sounds good to me. But the current HostCommands feature still feels very immature to me (and poorly documented), but I'm not very familiar with this part of the API. Do you think it's something we would be ok with putting in customers' or an OSS community's hands in its current state? Otherwise, I would be in favor of "hiding" this functionality until we address a specific use-case.

--Pino