[MidoNet-dev] InterfaceManagement, HostCommands, etc

Guillermo Ontañón guillermo at midokura.jp
Tue Feb 5 16:25:00 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

A related question, the REST API allows setting an interface's mac address:
https://github.com/midokura/midonet/blob/master/docs/rest-api-specification.md#interface.
However midonet-client does not expose that functionality:
https://github.com/midokura/midonet/blob/master/midonet-client/src/main/java/org/midonet/client/resource/HostInterface.java
.

Should we do the same thing here?

Regards

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Ishimoto, Ryu <ryu at midokura.com> wrote:

> I agree with you and Tomoe.  We can keep it in the code but remove from
> the API doc.
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Tomoe Sugihara <tomoe at midokura.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pino,
>>
>> OS integration code doesn't use that. My vote is removing that API
>> since it's not used or tested at all.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tomoe
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Pino de Candia <gdecandia at midokura.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Ryu, Tomoe, devs,
>> >
>> > are we using the Host Commands feature of MidoNet? These are included
>> in the
>> > REST API documentation, but I don't actually know whether anyone is
>> using
>> > them, or if they were properly productized.
>> >

>> https://github.com/midokura/midonet/blob/master/docs/rest-api-specification.md#hostcommand
>> >
>> > Does anyone remember? I vaguely remember we were intending to use these
>> > automate plugging taps into datapath when we were still using OVS
>> daemon/DB.
>> > Has the HostInterfacePort binding made the Host Command useless (a
>> feature
>> > looking for a use-case?).
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > Pino
>> >
>> > --
>> > Pino de Candia
>> > Software Engineer, Midokura.com
>> >

>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Pino de Candia <gdecandia at midokura.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Ryu, Tomoe, devs,
>> >
>> > are we using the Host Commands feature of MidoNet? These are included
>> in the
>> > REST API documentation, but I don't actually know whether anyone is
>> using
>> > them, or if they were properly productized.
>> >

>> https://github.com/midokura/midonet/blob/master/docs/rest-api-specification.md#hostcommand
>> >
>> > Does anyone remember? I vaguely remember we were intending to use these
>> > automate plugging taps into datapath when we were still using OVS
>> daemon/DB.
>> > Has the HostInterfacePort binding made the Host Command useless (a
>> feature
>> > looking for a use-case?).
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > Pino