[MidoNet-dev] API proposal - Optional Bridge ARP Cache

Guillermo Ontañón guillermo at midokura.jp
Tue Feb 12 17:49:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Navarro, Galo <galo at midokura.com> wrote:

> Yes, all entries regardless of source. I agree that it'd be desirable
> to have a type. Re. TTL I'd probably put an expiration time when the
> entry is added since we'll probably have expiration also for
> non-snooped entries. If the TTL varies based on type, the ARP cache
> impl can set different values when adding the entry. This is more of
> an implementation detail but should we worry about hosts running
> midonet having significant time differences?

Good point, I don't think it's necessary, it would work as the ArpTable in
the router does: the node that writes the entry is in charge of expiration.
If the node shuts down, the entry is automatically removed by zookeeper
(it's an ephemeral node).

BTW, this just made think, would it make sense to expose other pieces of
state such as the router's ArpTable or the bridge's MacLearningTable
through the REST API?

Cheers,

-- Guillermo Ontañón