[MidoNet-dev] Split off Arrakis as different projects

Jaume Devesa devvesa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:31:46 UTC 2015

Hi!

Answers inline:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:03, Giuseppe (Pino) de Candia wrote:
> Hi Jaume,
>
> How will midonet-midonet_openstack depend on midonet_midonet? Using a Git
> submodule... or will it just depend on a version published to PuppetForge?

The end release will be based on the module updated in PuppetForge, but if we
develop both modules in parallel (which is realistic), we can use
librarian-puppet[1].

Librarian-puppet allows you to install puppet module dependences from a git
repository, tarballs or even a local path without the need of have the module
published.

> thanks,
> Pino
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Sandro Mathys <sandro at midokura.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Jaume,
> >
> > No opposition, but a note that [1] is not explained in your email :)
> > However, I think you wanted to point to
> > http://github.com/midonet/arrakis

Yes! That one. Thanks Sandro. Inform the link when you have mentioned it is
often useful :)

[1]: https://github.com/rodjek/librarian-puppet