[MidoNet-dev] How to set config params using the new config framework

Guillermo Ontañón guillermo at midokura.com
Tue Apr 28 13:55:24 UTC 2015

Hi Tomohiko,

Please check mn-conf(1), midonet.conf/midolman.conf are only supposed
to hold the config keys necessary to bootstrap the configuration
library. Namely: zookeeper server address and root key.

The reason midonet agent picks up values from /etc/midolman.conf is
purely for backwards compatibility, which was preserved 100%. But new
services, such as the cluster daemon, or configuration keys, should
not rely on the old files. In other words: you should use mn-conf to
set up your configuration.

Regards,