[MidoNet-dev] Ephemeral node state before / after Version Sync (formerly known as Flush)

Ernest Artiaga ernest at midokura.com
Wed Mar 11 09:01:46 UTC 2015

Hi Tomohiko,

Thanks for preparing this and clarifying the flush behavior. I haven't gone
through the document in detail, but what you describe in the mail makes
sense to me: maintaining class subscriptions, and terminating per-object
subscriptions. My first suggestion would be that, when per-object
subscriptions are terminated, we should make the client clear that the
reason was a version bump, so it can act accordingly (e.g. resubscribing).
Maybe, from implementation point of view, it would be good to define a
specific 'NewTopologyVersionException' and emit it via the observable's
onError...

By the way, can we assume that the Ids of the topology objects will be
maintained after a version bump? (Mmm... maybe that answer is already in
the document... I'll have to read it :-))

Regards,

Ernest