[MidoNet] Admin Router vs. Provider Router

Giuseppe (Pino) de Candia gdecandia at midokura.com
Mon Nov 10 08:58:20 UTC 2014

In Paris we were trying to evangelize our Provider Router Proposal for
Kilo. Some core contributors found the term "Provider Router" mis-leading
because they relate it to Provider Network and view the term "Provider" as
a hint that the device is managed outside OpenStack. Instead, our Provider
Router is an OpenStack/MidoNet virtual device that provides L3 networking
between Tenant Routers and between Tenant Routers and the Internet.

I'm not asking for an immediate change in terminology, but I'd like us to
move towards the term "Admin Router". Does that make sense?

--Pino