[MidoNet] Fwd: Lack of documentation about how midonet topology fits into neutron topology

Jaume Devesa devvesa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:51:24 UTC 2014

Forwarded from midonet-devs.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jaume Devesa <devvesa at gmail.com>
Date: 11 November 2014 16:47
Subject: Lack of documentation about how midonet topology fits into neutron
topology
To: midonet-dev <midonet-dev at lists.midonet.org>

Hello,

I have had a recent conversation now in the mailing list about the Provider
Router
topology we use and how MidoNet maps the neutron calls into its topology.
He was confused by the fact that we use the floating ips associated to a
/30 that does
not belong to its range. For instance, this is how it looks the 'floating
ip port' of a neutron tenant router:

port port0 device router2 state up mac ac:ca:ba:67:5f:7d address
200.200.200.4 net 169.254.255.0/30 peer router0:port3

I've tried to explain to him as best as I could. I think a wiki page about
this is needed because anyone interested in hacking the Midonet internals
is going to ask us the same question.

If you tell me the right place to do it (should anyone be the Wiki master
and decide this, Zbigniew maybe?), I can try it.

Cheers,
--
Jaume Devesa
Software Engineer at Midokura