[MidoNet] [MidoNet-dev] Version string in midonet/midonet

Tomoe Sugihara tomoe at midokura.com
Fri Aug 7 00:24:07 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I noticed that this change
<https://github.com/midonet/midonet/commit/b5da87373997abae0900eef4b836b8a2085e3b09>
was
introduced to bump up the version string to 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
And the problem is that the previous packages with version string like
2015.05 are evaluated as newer. So, I cannot get newer packages from
nightly repo unless I specify version specifically.

I can think of the following for addressing this issue:

 a. bump up epoch number in packaging, or
 b. make a big announcement to users to say something like "force update
required to install newer packages", and remove packages with previous
version scheme in the nightly repo.

Thanks,
Tomoe