[MidoNet] [MidoNet-dev] Slack vs IRC

Sandro Mathys sandro at midokura.com
Sun Aug 16 15:29:23 UTC 2015

The vast majority of people participating in the discussion seems to
be in favor of IRC, but I think Tomohiko has a point. We can't really
know for sure what's more popular (with potential users/contributors)
and it would be costly to switch and notice it was a bad idea. Since
no-one signed any opposition, I would suggest we do as Tomohiko
suggested and use both in parallel, equally for a period of time. 3
months sounds good to me.

In the past 1-2 weeks, we've seen new people join us on both IRC and
Slack (even though IRC isn't documented or promoted anywhere AFAIK),
so giving this suggestion a try might just be a good idea.

Or is an all-or-nothing decision favored?